Online market places
For foreign entrepreneurs, selling goods via platforms such as amazon can trigger VAT obligations in Germany.
Arrange a meeting today
When you sell goods in countries belonging to the European Union, this often triggers a turnover tax registration obligation in the respective member country.
The sales tax liability in Germany can be justified, e.g. by the following case constellations:
- The platform via which you ship the goods offers you a warehouse in Germany in which the goods are temporarily stored. When the goods are then sold from this warehouse in Germany to a private or corporate customer domiciled in Germany or the EU, this sale will be subject to the German VAT procedure.
- You ship goods from your location to private customers in Germany. When you exceed the current delivery threshold of € 100,000 (as of 14/01/2019), these deliveries will also be subject to German sales tax.
In this regard, we offer the following services:
- Application for the VAT number
- Communication with the tax authorities
- Advance sales tax return & annual sales tax return
- Ongoing consultation