We have extensive experience in this area:
1. in the cash-based industry (hospitality, ice cream parlours …)
2. with transfer prices in the context of internationally affiliated companies
1. Typical questions encountered in the cash-based industry include the following:
- Is an orderly cash accounting system in place?
- What is the result of the money transaction calculation?
- Can the auditor estimate revenues?
- If yes: what estimation methods are admissible?
- And much more.
In the case of Mr. Ciabatti, that means:
- We check the calculation of the tax office and submit an appeal if necessary
- We negotiate on behalf of Mr. Ciabatti
- We handle all correspondence with the tax office
- Of course, we also accompany Mr. Ciabatti to the meeting with the auditor, and negotiate on his behalf
2. In the case of internationally active companies, tax audits will focus on transfer prices. There is a heightened risk that auditors will assume the existence of hidden profit distributions, income tax corrections and punitive surcharges. In this context, it is important to know which items the tax office will focus on, and how to counter their arguments. Our services:
- Communication with the tax office
- Analysis of underlying functional and risk profiles
- Verifying the appropriateness of transfer price method
- Appeals and lawsuits at financial courts
- Attendance at mutual agreement and arbitration proceedings